Clerk Kathy Case
Hire Date: 11/2008
Family: Husband Darryl, 2 sons Brandon & Zachary
Pennfield Charter Township Resident: 43 Years
The Pennfield Township Clerk has the following duties and responsibilities:
- The statutory duties of the clerk are numerous, technical, and legally essential to the proper operation of municipal government.
- The clerk has custody of all records, books, and papers of the township.
- The clerk must file and retain all certificates of oaths.
- The clerk must also open and keep an account with the township treasurer, charging the treasurer with all funds which are received by the treasurer by virtue of that office and crediting the treasurer with monies paid out on the order of the paper township authorities.
- The clerk is also required to keep a separate account for each of the several funds belonging to the township, crediting and debiting the same in accordance with proper receipts and warrants drawn by the township treasurer.
- The clerk is responsible for the detailed accounting records of the township utilizing the Uniform Chart of Accounts prescribed by the state treasurer.
- The clerk must also prepare and maintain the journals and ledgers necessary to reflect the assets, liabilities, fund equities, revenues, and expenditures for each fund of the township.
- The township clerk is the ex-officio clerk of the township’s civil service commission for police or fire departments if one is established.
- The township clerk should maintain accurate records and an organized filing system of township contracts, resolutions, ordinances, and other special proceedings or activities that can be readily produced upon request.
- The clerk will have the minutes available for public review within eight business days after the meeting and for approval at the next meeting of the board.
- The clerk is a member and chairman of the township election commission and in charge of elections in the township.
- The clerk is in charge of voter registration within the township and must keep appropriate voter registration records.
Graduated from Pennfield High School in 1982
MTA – Michigan Township Assn.
CCMCA – Calhoun County Municipal Clerks Assn.
MAMC – Michigan Assn. of Municipal Clerks
IIMC – International Institute of Municipal Clerks